Candidate Privacy Statement
What is the purpose of this policy?
PCMS Group Limited is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We take this responsibility very seriously. You have access to this privacy notice because you are applying directly for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you (the information marked with an asterisk is collected and processed only once we have made a job offer to you which you have accepted):
- The information you have provided to us in your CV and covering letter.
- The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth (if applicable for the role), employment history, qualifications and salary expectations.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview or assessment day.
We may, depending on the role you have applied for, also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
Information about your race or ethnicity and religious beliefs, sexual orientation and genderPCMS are an equal opportunities employer and some questions including diversity monitoring questions are asked for HR purposes only. Providing this information is optional and this information is not shared with the hiring managers and is not visible during the shortlisting process.
- Information on any potential special requirements for interview e.g. medical or health conditions.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences that have been declared by you*
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- Recruitment agencies (if You have applied through an agency).
- Background check providers to verify your address history, ID documentation and criminal convictions and offences*.
- Your named referees to verify your employment history*.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role that you have applied for.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable*.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract with you.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during an interview or assessment day.
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting. This information will not be shared with the hiring managers and not be visible during the shortlisting process.
Information about criminal convictions
We process information about criminal convictions where they are relevant to the role. For example, we may collect information about your criminal convictions if the role involves having access to third party confidential information.
We will inform you if we need to collect information about your criminal convictions and we will only collect this information if we would like to offer you the role (conditional on checks and any other conditions, such as references, being satisfactory).
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with third parties where this is required for the purposes of processing your application. For example, we may share your personal information with or background service check providers. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role you have applied for. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you have applied online using our application form, you also have the option of updating or deleting your data and/or your account.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period of 12 months on that basis.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please email email@example.com
We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Statement from time to time in line with legislation in place at the time.