Software Developer In Test
As the Software Developer in Test, you will be responsible for implementing automation test and test frameworks in an agile team, working to improve the continuous integration pipeline and automating all parts of the software engineering process.
You’ll be involved in the creation of business requirements and acceptance criteria, inputting the test scripts and test scenarios to ensure test automation is considered and implemented in all steps of the PCMS development lifecycle.
Your role will require thinking “outside of the box” to understand the various scenarios and configurations that PCMS software can be deployed with in real-world retail environments to ensure customer quality is maintained. You will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes within PCMS.
- Extensive experience of working in tooling or QA automation
- A thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
- Creative thinking with an ability to identify and test for functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow
- A passion to become the expert in:
- Unit Testing
- Behavioural Driven Development
- UX Testing
- UI Testing
- Integration testing of APIs
- Performance and scalability testing
- Security Penetration Testing
- A degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or a related discipline
- Proficiency in coding applications in Java, Python and other language
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI, PostMan
- Proficiency with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- A strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Proficiency at working with relational databases such as IBM DB2, MS Sql Server & Oracle
- Proficiency at working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB & Redis
- Good experience of open source technologies and Linux based systems
- Experience of building test infrastructures using containerisation technologies such as Docker and working within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
- Experience of testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience in mentoring developer or QA staff and end users on quality objectives and testing processes
To apply for this role
Please fill in the form and attach your CV.